Tuesday 5 July 2011

John Thurston



I was at Westminster Hospital and it closed.
I was appointed Consultant in Emergency Medicine at Queen Mary's
Hospital, Roehampton until it closed, 18 years later.
I then went in the same capacity to West Hill Hospital, Dartford and
it closed 3 months later.
I transferred to Joyce Green Hospital, Dartford and it closed in 2000.
I was then appointed Clinical Director in Emergency Medicine at the
newly built Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford and retired on my 70th
birthday in 2007.
I thought it best to leave as my presence seemed to cause hospitals to
"circle the drain".
I was the first Honorary Registrar to the College of Emergency
Medicine and have been President of the Emergency Medicine Section of
the Royal Society of Medicine.
I was for 16 years Major Incident doctor at the R.F.U., Twickenham and
am Companion doctor to the Grand Order of Water Rats.
My time is now taken up as an Expert Witness in Clinical Negligence
and Personal Injury cases.
I live happily in Sevenoaks with my wife, Steph and we celebrate our
Silver Wedding in July.

1 comment:

  1. hello MR G.Thurston, my name is cher and i am writing to you as a medical student, but mostly to say that you are inspiration to us all as medical students! you and your students have done us all proud!! god bless you all!! kizzmi@live.com

    ReplyDelete